Top 10 Things to do in Port Douglas
Port Douglas is a stunning tropical location boasting a myriad of easily accessible natural attractions and activities. There is so much to see and do in this laid back village atmosphere that it's hard to choose the best.
Here are a few of Port Douglas Bike Hires' selection for your must-do Port Douglas experience:
- Ride Four Mile Beach – Take a bike along the beautiful and wide sandy beach, lined by palm trees as it gently curves along the edge of the Coral sea.
- Ride up Flagstaff Hill - Fitness fanatics needing a fix or those who want a challenge, a ride up this steep hill is rewarded with a breathtaking view of Four Mile Beach and the surrounding Coral Coast.
- Ride about the rest of town - Check out the Point (Rex Smeal Park), close to town, and enjoy 270 degree ocean views, palm trees, mountains, yachts... among many great places to relax in idyllic surroundings.
- Fly in a Chopper - Take a helicopter ride for a scenic flight above Port Douglas and see the Reef from air.
- Explore the Great Barrier Reef – Sail or cruise to snorkel or scuba on the world's largest coral reef system with a variety of boats leaving from Port Douglas Reef Marina.
- Explore the Jungle - Visit Mossman Gorge, part of the Daintree National Park, to experience lush rainforest and cascading waterfalls in towering mountains full of unique colourful flora & fauna.
- Hit the Shops - Check out Macrossan St and the Reef Marina for Port's boutique shops and stylish cafes.
- Do the Port Douglas Sunday markets – Check out the best of fresh local produce and crafts to delicious artisanal food and get those souvenirs to remember your holiday.
- Do a Tour - Sign up for a guided tour to explore the unique beauty of the Daintree rainforest and so many other destinations around the Douglas Shire region.
- Relax – Port Douglas is made for holidays so chill out and take in the atmosphere at a pub or pamper yourself in a spa.