Port Douglas With Kids
Port Douglas is a great destination to bring the whole family with great activities the kids will love and memories to be shared.
Top 10 Family Friendly Attractions
- Ride 4 mile beach - Take in the wide sandy beach, swaying palm trees and glittering ocean at your own pace.
- Visit the Reef – No trip to Port would be complete without a trip to the reef to see and experience the colourful underwater world and maybe see Nemo...
- Ride through the Mowbray Valley - Enjoy the quiet streets, beautiful trees and crystal clear creeks of the Valley only minutes from Port Douglas.
- Hang at Four Mile Beach – The town end of Four Mile Beach has a patrolled swimming area including a 'Stinger net'. The beach is wide with pristine fine white sand perfect for sand sculpting.
- Breakfast With the Birds – Visit the Wildlife Habitat for an interactive educational experience.
- Take a River Cruise – To learn even more about the tropical ecosystem around Port Douglas take the kids on a river cruise around Dickson Inlet on the historical Lady Douglas.
- Cane Toad Racing – The Iron Bar has regular nightly race where you can buy a toad and try your luck while tucking into a great steak dinner.
- Open Air Cinema – QT Port Douglas resort has the Moonlight Cinema running from 6pm during the dry season (June to October) with options to rent seating as well as food and wine.
- Visit the Mossman Gorge – Just North of Port, the Mossman Gorge Centre is an indigenous run eco-tourism and educational hub that is the gateway to a spectacular rainforest boardwalk and the Mossman Gorge river system.
- Get on a Bike – Port Douglas is itself is an attraction worth riding around many times to see all the sights and meet the locals.